Check out these websites to learn more about saving energy and upgrading your home using replacement windows .
- Visit EfficientWindows.org to see how the technology used in replacement windows can save a great deal on heating and cooling costs.
- Check out EnergySavers.gov for a few additional tips on saving energy at home with efficient windows.
- Learn more about the stringent requirements that allow a replacement window to earn the Energy Star label at EnergyStar.gov.
- Saving energy means reducing your carbon footprint and cutting your monthly costs. Find out more at HowStuffWorks.com.
- Get some inexpensive ideas for conserving energy at home from MotherEarthNews.com.
To explore these topics in further detail, call Window World at (321) 282-6200.
When you’re looking for replacement windows to add to your home, you have plenty of choices in terms of style, size, and material. Watch this video to explore the various types of window materials and opening styles to better understand which kind is best for your home.
From wood to vinyl, there are many frame materials to choose from, each offering its own advantages. You’ll also want to consider the basic window style—you can install double hung windows which open from both the top and bottom, casement windows that use easy-to-reach cranks, or choose from among many other options to augment your home.
Window World of Central Florida can help you find the perfect windows for your home. Call us at (321) 282-6200 to learn more.
Saving energy is a universal concern, and doing it the right way will help you lower your monthly utility costs, reduce your home’s carbon footprint, and keep your home an inviting, comfortable place. Many energy-conscious upgrades like replacement windows can even help raise your home’s value or make you eligible for tax credits. To learn more about cutting your energy usage and making your home more efficient, check out the following tips:
- You can easily begin a greener lifestyle by making small changes around the home. For example, incandescent light bulbs can be replaced with compact fluorescent lights (CFLs). These enjoy a longer life and also use a fraction of the energy that traditional bulbs do while offering clean, bright light for your home.
- Save both energy and water by turning your water heater’s temperature down a couple of degrees. Strive to take shorter showers as well—even a few minutes less under the spray cuts down on your energy usage, because your water heater has less work to do after you’re done.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. This alone can dramatically improve how and when you use energy to heat and cool your home, because your system will work smarter and waste less energy than it would with a single set point thermostat.
- Consider your home’s weatherization—drafts can account for a big chunk of energy loss. Upgrade your insulation to counteract solar heat gain in the summer and reduce winter heating bills.
- Get replacement windows installed by a professional. Energy-efficient new windows coupled with the proper installation can eliminate drafts and add energy-efficient barriers where your old windows simply didn’t keep out the cold or allowed heat to intrude.
For more great ideas on saving energy with replacement windows, contact Window World at (321) 282-6200. Our selection of efficient windows can help you optimize your energy usage for lower costs and a greener home.
Double hung windows are the perfect addition to a home for a number of reasons. Whether you’re in the market for a fresh look and want to get rid of your old windows or are interested in becoming more energy-efficient while saying goodbye to winter drafts, consider these reasons why double hung replacement windows can be perfect for your house:
- You Want Better Ease of Operation: As any homeowner with aging windows can tell you, opening and closing older frames can become a chore. Double hung windows are designed to be opened from both the top and bottom sashes, which offers versatility of use. Open both sashes when you want to let in a friendly breeze, or leave only the top one open to provide ventilation while maintaining safety for younger children and pets.
- You Need to Save Energy: Today’s technology allows replacement windows to boost not only the value and appearance of your home, but its energy efficiency as well. By reducing heat transfer, new double hung windows preserve the climate inside your home. This means that your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard, resulting in lower utility costs.
- You’d Like Better Home Comfort: Saving energy doesn’t have to come at the cost of your comfort. Double hung windows that offer plenty in terms of energy efficiency also provide extra insulation, which means no drafts or hot spots near windows.
- You’re Concerned About the Effects of UV Rays: The sun emits ultraviolet radiation, which is not only harmful to you and your family, but can also damage the interior of your home over time. UV rays break down materials, causing fading of colors, brittleness and cracking in leather, and degradation of carpeting. Double hung replacement windows keep these detrimental rays from penetrating your home.
Contact Window World to learn more about the benefits that double hung windows have to offer. We invite you to visit us online and explore the options we have available, or call us at (321) 282-6200 for more information.
- Window Replacement
- Window Replacement Company
- Patio Door
- Washing Windows
- Front Door Replacement
- Types of Windows
- Energy-Efficient Windows
- Garden Windows
- Vinyl Siding
- Garage Door
- Measuring Window
- Bay Window
- Interior Design
- Window Fog
- New Windows
- Window Repair
- Window World
- Vinyl Windows
- Energy-Efficient Doors
- Home Windows
- Window Financing