Your doors provide both stylish accents and convenient access points for
your home. When it’s time for a new door in Orlando, Window World
offers a wide selection of replacement window and replacement door options,
including front door, garage door, patio door, and sliding door products.
Tips for Choosing Your Front Door
Your front door is often the first impression your home will make on others.
Choosing the perfect front door will improve your home’s curb appeal,
value, convenience, and security.
- Doors are available in a wide variety of materials. The best material for
your home will depend upon your needs and your preferences. Common materials
used in doors are wood, steel, aluminum, and fiberglass; each of these
options offers various benefits in terms of aesthetics, durability, and
- There are also many styles available when choosing a new door. Slab doors
are a single panel that swing either into or out of your home. French
doors consist of two panels that can be opened inward or outward; these
doors require a wider doorway than a single slab door.
- Accent glass panels can add beauty to your entryway, while also allowing
more light into your home and providing a view to the outdoors. Window
accents are available in unfrosted, frosted, leaded, and many other styles of glass.
- Door knobs and other hardware can change the look and feel of your entryway
and your home. Knobs and handles are available in a variety of styles
and finishes to add personality and security to your new door.
Caring for Exterior Doors
When you invest in a new front door, garage, door, or patio door, you want
to keep your new door looking and functioning its best for years to come.
Maintaining your exterior doors is a simple task that offers a variety
of benefits in terms of the appearance, safety, and value of your home.
- If your new door is made from wood, it will need re-staining every few
years to protect it from the elements.
- Wash exterior doors with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge to remove
dirt, dust, mud, and scuff marks.
- Clean the glass in your sliding doors on a cool, cloudy day to prevent
streaking. Use a soft rubber squeegee and microfiber cloth for the best results.
- Vacuum the tracks of any sliding glass doors regularly to prevent debris
from affecting the door’s function.
- Use an aerosol lubricating oil to keep your door’s hinges functioning
smoothly and quietly. Replace rusted hinges promptly to prevent further
You can reach Window World for more information about door and window installation
near Orlando by calling (407) 734-2996.